Lsn #4b: Keywords - Unlocked

There is a system to finding out what people are searching for, what they are typing, and how much advertisers are willing to pay. In fact, I can list 3 ways to find this info right now, but I’m just going to give you the one I use myself. It’s free, it’s fairly easy, and I know it the best.

This will be a step-by-step guide. And I am ‘assuming’ you have the keywords and phrases you think will work.

For example, I am about to post a blog about Computer Shortcuts, shortcut tricks, keyboard shortcuts. I’ll use this same list of keywords for the example.

It’s called the Google Keyword External Tool

1. Click this link, https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

2. Enter information as shown in the screen print below: (Tip - click the photo to enlarge)


3. Wait a moment while Google pulls up matches. (And I’ve had some that never pulled up anything – so get creative if no results show up.)

4. When the results appear, the first thing you do is change the columns display to “Show Estimated Avg CPC”


5. Now we can examine the results and make a decision on which keywords will net the most possible clicks. Here are my results, pay attention to the colored boxes:
(Tip - click the photo to enlarge)


A question you should be asking: Why not take the nickel keyword? After all, I told you in the beginning to pick up the nickels and dimes, right? Right. And I WILL take the nickel payer, too. I happen to be blogging in a field with high paying advertisements.

6. Sort the columns: click a Title and you will sort by that column. Click it again and you will reverse the sort order. A-Z, then Z-A

The end result:

My original list and results:
Computer Shortcuts: $0.84 - 6,600, Yes
(This one is a keeper and made the list.)
Shortcut Tricks: $0.05 - 590, Nope
(You want at least over 1,000 hits per month)
Keyboard Shortcuts: $0.74 - 246,000, Nope
(No hope of getting to the front of this line.)

The List I’ll use:
Computer Shortcuts: $0.84 - 6,600
Keyboard Shortcut Keys: $1.65 - 6,600
Computer Keyboard Shortcuts: $1.35 - 1,600
Computer Shortcuts Key: $1.76 - 1,900

If I wouldn’t have known about this tool, my original keyword list results would have been a waste of time, (with the one exception).

Summary,
Lesson 4a tells you where to type your keywords in your blog. And lesson 4b shows you how to find which keywords will benefit you the most.

Now spend a couple hours on these and then move on to Lesson 5… monetizing your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment